John Scott Each time read the second paragraph of that letter I am getting more upset. I've patiently and politely debated all my life never knowingly ever shouting anyone down. I've made the highest virtue in listening to others opinion, trying to understand other peoples perspectives. I've never felt so shouted down at by anyone but this contemptible wa*ker from his high throne has ejected me from a debate on the basis of arbitrary and wrong information. Nothing has ever proved to me more what a lie and a sham the whole thing is. I know what is true here. The whole political system has lost my support. It's as if they want May to be unopposed.
John Scott I watched the whole three hours of the debate in Glasgow between Smith and Corbyn the night before getting this letter. Still hadn't made up my mind about which way to vote. Was taking the question quite seriously. Frankly now I don't care if Smith can beat May, or if he does, there will be no change of he does. Corporations will have free movement and people won't. Hundreds of organizations will have access to our metadata to make similar arbitrary decisions as this one. Lives, loves, relationships and marriages will still be ruined by the need to throw "initiatives" to a baying mob. I would like a system where fair decisions are made by an enlightened government in the interest of everyone and not the majority. It's not hard. There is no chance of fair open debate anymore. It seems there are two factions now in politics. Those who act only for their own self interest and those who understand that our best interest is everyone being in a good position. To me the latter is obvious but I feel that I am definitely in a minority group with this now.


No comments:
Post a Comment